Thursday, December 1, 2016

Moroccan Handbag By Tamara Kelly


I've been itching, for the whole month of November, to make a bag. A sling bag actually. I did make this Crochet Shoulder Bag but my sister got hold of it and now I am left with nothing. lol. I really want to have a handy sling bag, where I can use when I need to go somewhere quick, not a big one, just a small sling bag for my keys and wallet. 

Then I came across Tamara Kelly's Moroccan Handbag. I've kind of followed her Moroccan Tile stitches, made her Moroccan Midnight Slouch Hat and I love how it looks like.  So when I came across her handbag version of the Moroccan stitches, I know this is the bag for me. But it took me a while before I even started to make it. I got caught up with so many projects this last month. 

Finally I got a chance to make it before November end. Started it on the night of November 29 and was able to finished it all by the morning. It was surprisingly so quick to make. I made Tamara's Rainbow Lanyard as a sling, I love this lanyard because it is so durable and not so stretchy as a sling for a bag. 
After Round 18, I continued to Round 19 with just single crochet and attached the metal rings on Round 20 for my straps. Here is where I attached the metal rings.

Round 20: SC into the first 5 sts, then attached a ring. Continue to sc including the ring into the next 8 st. Then sc into the next 25 sts. then attached the next ring. Continue to sc including the ring into the next 8 st. SC until the end of the round, then join.

Round 21.  SC each stitches, then join.

Round 22. SC in each 25 stitches, chain 12, sc back into the last sc (this will be for the button), then continue to sc all around till the end, then join.

Actually, I was just single crocheting until my last yarn. I was using my scrap yarns for this one. The Yarn I used was RH Fiesta in Black, and RH  with Love in Daffodil. So I continue to sc until Round 23.

Then I attached a big yellow button in front.. and it's done! I had fun making this bag. Now my sister wants one again.. But she wants it a little bigger. Well, I am always up for a challenge... 

Thank you very much Tamara for always sharing your talent for free. You are such an inspiration and a model. 



So that's it. I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message on the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!


xoxo

Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 

**Please do not copy and post any pattern from this blog and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated. Thank you very much. **

I always make sure to share also because I learn crochet for free and I got all of my patterns from all over the internet from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.



Thought of the Day

December 1, 2016

To those who keep holy the Sabbath day it is the sign of sanctification. - CCh 261



No comments:

Post a Comment