Sunday, December 4, 2016

Mini Custard Cake


I saw a post on Facebook of a friend about her custard cake. I love custard cake, so many childhood memories with this cake. Mother used to buy them only on special occasions, on our birthday or during Christmas. It's been a long time since I ever tasted one already. And since I am baking, I did try to make one before but it was a disaster. We ended throwing it all away, and ever since that I did not attempt to make it anymore. That was a long time ago, and yesterday I decided to make one. I thought to myself that I may make this a success already given the experienced I had with baking. 

I used this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy. Just watched the whole video in making this cake before attempting to bake one so that you will have the idea on how to make this cake. I remember using the same recipe before that ended in the trash can. And this time I thought of making it in small cakes, so that there is enough for everybody. There are so many tasters in our house, lol. 

TIPS:
I used the cupcake pan in making this Mini Custard Cakes. In melting the sugar I used the same technique in putting the pan over the stove. And don't burn the sugar, the caramel will be bitter if you get it burned. Be very careful also because the pan will get too hot and you might get burn.  And also I used all the eggs in making the custard, not just the egg yolks, just because I don't want to waste any egg whites. And it turned out okay. Then also add a teaspoon of vanilla into the custard, it will make it tastier to eat. Let it cool completely and it is tastier if you serve it cold, so put it in the refrigerator for a while.

And look at that! It looks so yummy and pretty. It is really so yummy. The kids love it and I made two dozens of Mini Custard Cakes and also a 6 inch round cake. Everyone had their share and they all love it.

I'm so happy I made this one. I'm sure to make more in the future, probably this Christmas and the coming New Year. 



So that's it. I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message on the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!


xoxo

Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 

**Please do not copy and post any pattern from this blog and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated. Thank you very much. **
I always make sure to share also because I learn crochet for free and I got all of my patterns from all over the internet from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.



Thought of the Day

December 4, 2016

God desires that the Sabbath will direct our minds to Him as the true and living God, and that through knowing Him we may have life and peace. - CCh 261




No comments:

Post a Comment