Saturday, June 4, 2016

African Daisy Crochet Tutorial





This is my African Daisy Crochet handbag. I've been trying to post some tutorial of African Daisy for quite some time already. I really like it. It is so pretty and it is also so easy to make. Although there are so many tutorials around the web, I wanna make my own for all of you. So after a long time, I was able to take pictures while crocheting. So, here it is my own version of African Daisy:

Materials:
Yarns ( dark blue, blue and pastel blue)
 For this tutorial, we will use a G hook ( 4mm)


Step 1.  Make a Magic Ring


Step 2.  Chainless Starting DC in Magic Ring  This link has a good tutorial on how to do the chainless starting DC in Magic Ring.


Step 3.  Double Crochet (DC), then chain 1 in the Magic Ring

Step 4. Make 2 DC and chain 1.
Step 5. Repeat this 5 times. You'll end up with 6  pairs of Dc and 6 chains also.


Step 6. Close the ring tightly. And join with a slip stitch on the first stitch. Then break yarn.




Step 7.  Change to the next color of yarn. In this tutorial, it is Pastel Blue. Then make a Standing Double Crochet in any of the chain one space. With my standing DC, I start it with a slip stitch or if you want you can skip the slip stitch and wrap your yarn on your hook 3 times then start the standing DC like this one from Mooglyblog.

Step 8.  Then DC, chain 1 and 2 DC in the same chain 1 space.

,
 Step 9. 2 DC, Chain 1, 2 DC in all of the chain 1 spaces all around. Then join with a slip stitch in the first chain. DO NOT BREAK THE YARN. We will continue with the same color of yarn. In this photo you can start to see that it is starting to shape like a hexagon. The African Daisy Crochet is usually in Hexagon.

Step 10. Slip Stitch in the next two chains and you will end up in the first Chain 1 space.


Step 12. Then make 6 DC in the same chain 1 space.


Step 13. Make 7 Dc on each of the chain 1 space around. Then join with a slip stitch on the first stitch. Break the yarn. Now you can see that it is a flower already.

Step 14. Change to another color of yarn. In this tutorial it is blue. Then make a slip stitch and insert your hook to the slip stitch. We are going to make a Standing Spike DC . After the slip stitch like the one you see below, wrap your yarn to the hook one time like a Yarn Over (YO). 

Step 14.Then insert your hook in between the group of 2 DC chain1 2 DC in step 9. NOT THE CHAIN 1 Space. Then Make a DC. That's how it looks like.   Excuse my ends because I usually weave all ends in the end. :)

Step15. Then SC on the next 7 stitch. 


Step 16. Then Spike DC, SC in the next 7 stitch all the way around. Then join with a slip stitch on the first stitch. You can break your yarn if you want to and change to another color, but for me, I'd like to continue with the same color of yarn. That is why I only have 3 colors of yarn.

Step 17.  Standing  DC, DC on to the next 3 stitches.

Step 18. Then Chain 1, DC into the same stitch.


Step 19. DC into the next 8 stitches.
Step 20. Repeat step 18 and 19 all the way around.

Step 21. Then join with a slip stitch and break your yarn. And weave all ends. And that's it!
That's how easy it is. If you have some questions or clarifications, just leave a comment below and I will gladly answer your questions.

With regards to my handbag, I will post another tutorial about it on how to assemble all this daisy's and turn it into that beautiful handbag.

I hope you do enjoy this post and learn something. Thank you and God bless!

xoxo

Nanay Madel 


Don't forget to share on facebook, Pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks!  

**Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated.Thank you very much. **
I always make sure to share also because I learn to crochet for free and I got all of my patterns from all over the internet from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.

ps.

*I am not professional blogger nor is English my language so I apologize if I misspelled some words or my grammar is not right.*




No comments:

Post a Comment