Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Basic Crochet Stitches Part 1

Here are the abbreviations of the stitches I usually use. All terms used are in US terms:


sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet
tr- treble crochet
st - stitch
sl - slip stitch
ch - chain

Let's start first with the basic ones. Here I'm gonna have a picture tutorial of chain and single crochet. I will make on another entry the other stitches.

Chain (ch) - the most basic crochet stitch. You usually make this in almost all of your crochet projects. This is basically the starting stitch.
Place your hook and yarn as above.
 Yarn over
And pull through. Now you've made your first chain. 
Just keep on yarning over and pull through the yarn to make more chains
That's how you make a chain/s.

Single Crochet (sc) - Basic crochet stitch also but this one is "taller" than the chain. And you usually make this on the chain.
Insert your hook on the chain. Usually it is the 2nd chain from your hook. And 
yarn over and pull through.
After that you will now have two loops on your hook.
Now yarn over again and pull through all two loops.
Now that's a single crochet.
 So that's all for now. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say here. And I hope also that you will love crochet. I will make another entry for the the other stitches. I wish to upload a video but it takes like million years to upload a video. Plus I really don't have a good video cam. I am just using my phone. So please bear with me.


Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 


**Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will much, much appreciated.Thank you very much. **

I always make sure to share also because I learn crochet for free and I got all of my patterns form all over the internet from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.

ps.

*I am not professional blogger nor is English my language so I apologize if I misspelled some words or my grammar is not right.*


No comments:

Post a Comment