Sunday, July 5, 2015

Basic crochet stitches part 2

So here is the continuation of my basic crochet stitches tutorial. Sorry that I wasn't able to post this immediately after the first one. Today I'm going to show you how to do Half double crochet (hdc) and Double Crochet (dc).

1. Half Double Crochet (hdc)
First is yarn over 
Insert your hook to the next stitch and yarn over again
Then pull up the loop. Now you will
have 3 loops on your hook
and yarn over again.
The pull through all three (3) stitches together.
That's how you make your half double crochet (hdc)
2. Double Crocher (dc)
Same as the half double crochet, you will start your stitch with a yarn over.
Then insert your hook on the indicated stitch.
And pull up a loop. Now you will have 3 loops on your hook
Then yarn over again


And pull through only two loops. Then Yarn over again
And pull through all remaining two loops on your hook. Now you just
made a double crochet.

So that's how you make your half double crochet and double crochet. I'll stop here because for me these are the basic stitches of a crochet. If you know something else please comment below.  Next time maybe I can make another post on some not so basic stitches. In my next post I will be posting a project I made using all of this stitches.


Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 


**Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will much, much appreciated.Thank you very much. **

I always make sure to share also because I learn crochet for free and I got all of my patterns form all over the internet from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment